1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, and RiteAid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
The Area Vice President, Account Management will be responsible for scaling, shaping and leading an effective sales team for the Retail & CPG segment within 1010data. Reporting to the Vice President, Sales, Retail & CPG, the Area Vice President will implement the requisite methodology, metrics and repeatable processes that will drive sustained growth. This individual will partner with the sales leadership and executive team to shape the go-to-market strategy and lead its execution through leadership, discipline, motivation and accountability. S/he will leverage existing salesforce automation tools to gain accurate visibility into pipeline forecasts that will, in turn, drive critical decisions related to product, implementation and staffing needs. Additionally, the Area Vice President, Sales will enhance the partnership with marketing and work closely with the product teams in providing input to continually improve and build upon the existing product set.
- Foster a culture of sales excellence across all aspects of the sales cycle from prospecting to contract negotiation.
- Guide the regional sales team to enhance C-level relationships with current and future clients, demonstrating business impact and ROI in a compelling and articulate manner.
- Fine-tune a repeatable sales process and in parallel, create greater levels of collaboration between marketing, sales, pre-sales and account management in fine-tuning the sales process.
- Optimize 1010data’s existing investment in sales force automation to profile sub-sectors, accounts, and contacts.
- Partner with the sales leadership team to achieve a formulaic sales approach with the ability to forecast and measure performance from lead generation through to close.
- Incorporate comprehensive planning for selling existing and new products in a coordinated and long-term strategic manner while also maintaining a short-term hands-on approach.
- Expand the current high-performing sales team as appropriate. Instigate thorough talent and performance management processes. Hire, coach and retain industry leading sales teams.
The successful candidate will focus on driving future sales growth of the business and will display competency, if not expertise, in each of the following:
- Knowledge of the industry domain: Demonstrated by a multi-year track record of selling recurring revenue SaaS solutions and services to sophisticated institutional clients. Knowledge of, and current relationships in, relevant retail prospects is a must.
- Rapport building skills with senior decision makers: Charisma and the ability to articulate the brand value will be paramount to helping the sales team engage with C-level stakeholders in a diverse range of clients.
- Experience building sales teams: Proven experience scaling a sales organization through the use of strategy, planning, management and analytical techniques. Should exhibit the ability to execute such a comprehensive change without marginalizing high performing members of the existing team.
- Specific experience leading and growing a small sales team to more than 3 people.
- Analytical, metrics-driven approach to sales and marketing in order to define a concise value proposition and provide optimal client coverage.
- A combination of large and small company experience with track record in a high-growth, venture or private equity backed business.
- Employing a hands-on approach with extensive travel to work with field sales team is critical.
- Exceptional ethical standards.
- Approachable and collaborative with the executive team, peers and subordinates.
- Proven ability to identify and develop talent.
- Possesses outstanding oral and written communication skills. Thrives in a team environment and has a track record of developing effective and trusted relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Energetic, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success.
- Confident, open minded and self-assured with a warm approach to people. Comfortable challenging existing ideas and thinking in a provocative, but collegial manner which pulls the entire team together to achieve company goals.
- The capacity to formulate a compelling sales strategy for the organization and translate that strategy into compelling messages that the team can understand and execute.
- Well respected, recognized and perceived as a top tier sales leader with the natural ability to attract and develop talent.
- A team builder, team player and a strong leader with personal drive, passion and enthusiasm to both understand and to successfully navigate a fast-moving ever changing market and collaborate with the broader 1010data organization.
- Track record of effectively communicating with an active Board and group of investors.