1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, and RiteAid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
We are seeking a PMP certified Senior Project Manager with at least 10 years of experience, well versed in implementing technology products and proficient in the Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies to plan and execute 1010data projects.
The Senior Project Manager will work closely with 1010data Product, Resource and Technical Managers to ensure delivery of new 1010data infrastructure, products, features and functionality. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for:
• Conducting pre-project scoping,
• Planning and resourcing project teams,
• Building, maintaining and communicating project plans,
• Directing project teams,
• Managing project communications,
• Resolving project conflicts,
• Driving projects to successful delivery, and
• Adding to the repository of Project Management Knowledge at 1010data.
Based on the scope and complexity of Implementation & Delivery work, the right person will blend technical aptitude with project leadership skills, and the ability to communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
This is a rapidly growing business unit within a fast-growing company. Big picture, fastidious thinkers that are able to operate with ambiguity yet always deliver will thrive in our flat organization that rewards results.
• Plan and manage projects through the entire project lifecycle
• Understand and be able to communicate the entire 1010data internal development portfolio
• Create dashboards and reports for departmental meetings
• Promote 1010data Project Management best practices
• Assist other 1010data teams and divisions requiring Project Management expertise
• Support pre-sales activities including requirements gathering, creation of time, duration and staffing estimates, and creation of sales presentation materials
• Create reusable Project Management content including forms, templates and processes
• Help develop and enhance 1010data’s project management methodology
• Teach 1010data project management skills and best practices
Background & Experience
• 10+ years of Project Management experience
• Experience in Software as Service (SaaS) or Cloud implementation projects
• Consultative and customer-facing skills
• Excellent technical writing, communication and presentation skills
• Analysis, requirements gathering and facilitation experience
• Experience in managing shared resources in a matrixed organization
• At least 5 years of experience implementing technology projects and products
• PMP certification
• Jira and Confluence experience
• Manage project activities to ensure they are completed within target dates, ensure project documents are clear and concise, manage to the project plan, ensure all project stakeholders adhere to project expectations
• Produce high-quality project documents and messaging, facilitate project internal and external communications, ensure all project stakeholders are kept informed based on project communication plan, accurately communicate project status, risks and issues to company and customer leadership
• Ability to lead highly-technical discussions and create (or contribute to) complex technical documents
• Ability to organize and prioritize project and project management group materials, deliverables, artifacts priorities, and communications consistent with 1010data project management best practices. Have a firm grasp of project’s objectives, activities and status and communicate and action them effectively. Able to quickly prioritize and shift activities based on schedule and project needs on a daily, or even hourly, basis
• A working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Office, JIRA and Confluence, and Smartsheet
• Strong executive communications skills; ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of technical and functional teams as well as senior 1010 and client leadership
• Ability to influence without authority and drive success in highly complicated technology environments involving multiple 1010 teams
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to form trusted advisor relationships