1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, distribution, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, and Rite Aid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
Do you possess an intense curiosity to learn about new technologies, enterprise products, and our partner’s technical problems? If you’ve ever gotten way too into HAM radio, rubik’s cubes, lego mindstorms, programming your calculator, etc… you’ll fit right in.
With more than 25 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
We are seeking a Sr. Technical Pre Sales Advisor to communicate to Fortune 500 Heads of Technology how 1010data will deliver business value.
By obsessing over the technical landscape of competitors, you will have a better understanding of what products or services we should offer; how we can market them effectively; and how we can position our business. You will roll up your sleeves and collaborate closely with the prospect to understand their architecture and development needs and determine if 1010data can act as their analytic development platform. The right person would love to whiteboard and design a solution without being bothered with the minutia of coding.
As an integral component of client success travel to customer sites (both domestic and international) will be about 50%.
This is a key role that will play a vital and a highly visible part in attracting multiple Fortune 500 clients. If you are excited to introduce new and disruptive business ideas to potential customers and demonstrate the value of embracing these game-changing ideas across their organizations, we would like to speak with you.
- Support sales team by giving successful introductory demos of 1010data technology to prospects.
- Develop, train and lead a successful pilot to convince the company to pursue a design win.
- Coordinate all internal teams (sysdev, security, dev, analyst, sales) to create effective RFI/RFP responses
- Hold subject matter expertise enabling executive level conversation about 1010data’s architecture, competition, and roadmap.
- Expert in all aspects of 1010data client technology (CIP, Excel Add-In, QuickApps, partners, etc…), as well as architecture of system and how to build performant systems (e.g segmentation, sortseg, etc…)
- Comfortable “setting” agenda in client conversation
Education & Experience
- STEM degree; Graduate degree a plus.
- 3+ years enterprise sales engineering/pre-sales experience demonstrating and delivering proof concepts
- 2+ years of experience developing enterprise analytic applications. Experience with data warehouses like Netezza, Greenplum, SAP HANA, and/or open-source technologies like Spark, Hadoop, and MongoDB is a big plus
- Experience scoping, managing and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concept
- Project management experience for large-scale enterprise projects (e.g ERP or data warehouse implementation)
- People management experience (remote or off-shore experience a plus
- Experience training internal or external customers on new technologies
- Experience with data warehouses like Netezza, Greenplum, SAP HANA, and/or open-source technologies like Spark, Hadoop, and MongoDB is a big plus
Though we try our best to respond to everyone, sometimes due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you really think we’ve missed the mark, please follow up to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’re the perfect fit!