1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 750 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
Work on academically stimulating projects that are different from anything else you have ever worked on.
With more than 27 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
Success in 1010data’s 10 Week Summer Program means you had a direct effect on the business and helped evolve our product as we continue to change the rules of big data discovery.
Data Scientists at 1010data create solutions to client-driven business problems involving massive data sets by designing high-performance reporting tools, queries, transform processes and databases, to gain insight, and empower our customers.
This requires our analysts to:
- Analyze large data sets and gain unique industry insight using the 1010data platform
- Advise clients on the use of the 1010data system
- Create tools to solve business problems using client's data sets
- Be the customer advocate and liaison to internal 1010data team; work closely with developers to design solutions
- STEM Students graduating December 2018 – Spring 2019; specifically fundamentals of mathematics, large data sets distributed systems, statistical concepts. Vector/matrix arithmetic a plus
- An interesting internship or independent research project
- ability to manipulate, transform and summarize data
- understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL) helpful
- passion for creating the best possible product
- capable of working independently toward shared goals
- positive, “roll-up your sleeves” attitude
- strong intellectual curiosity
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- able to confidently present ideas to peers, management, and customers in both verbal and written form