1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 750 of the world’s top retail, distribution, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, RiteAid, and Sysco; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
As Software Data Engineer at 1010data, you will build and manage large scale ELT processes, managing data assets that we either create or administer for our clients.
You will primarily be working with data, creating, refactoring and monitoring scripts. This role is situated within the team that manages all ELT processes for clients and data assets internally, creating tools to help make this process easier and building enhancements to 1010data’s product.
This role will eventually progress into a very integrate Data Engineering position, where you will take ownership of the ELT process for 1010data. Although experience in specific programming languages is not required, it’s important that you can program in order to understand how our system works.
With more than 25 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
If you appreciate the end-end ownership of managing ELT processes from scratch and are confident embracing new technologies, come evolve our product as we continue to change the rules of big data discovery.
- Design and implement parallel processing systems that operate on multiple terabytes of data
- Manage enterprise ELT systems
- Maintain and support business critical applications
- Manage ELT processes for critical enterprise applications
Education & Experience
- STEM Bachelor’s required, graduate degree is a big plus
- Examples of exciting internships and hobby projects
- Experience with distributed systems, info retrieval and/or Production experience is a big plus
- Understanding of parallel and distributed systems
- Interest, willingness and demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages, with familiarity with functional/vector programming
- DBA experience is desirable, but not essential
- SaaS experience is a plus
- Passion for creating the best possible product
- Capable of working independently toward shared goals
- Positive, “roll-up your sleeves” attitude
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to confidently present ideas to peers, management, and customers in both verbal and written form
Though we try our best to respond to everyone, sometimes due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you really think we’ve missed the mark, please follow up to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’re the perfect fit!