1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 750 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, distribution, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, and Rite Aid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
We are looking for a highly analytical and tech-savvy Sales Engineer to join the Presales team. Sales Engineers are the technical lead for the sales process. You will work closely with prospects from initial demo through final close, leading the analytic and technical evaluation of 1010data.
The Sales Engineer ultimately is the “go-to” person for prospects and customers for all things 1010data and is instrumental in our efforts to transition prospects into successful customers. They possess the empathy and experience necessary to understand prospect’s business needs and translate their requirements into a technical solution.
A typical week would be prepping for a demo Monday, flying to do an in-person executive presentation Tuesday, building a pilot plan Wednesday, and loading the data to build an analytic prototype by the end of the week.
Through it all, you’ll be in the driver’s seat in showing companies how they can use analytics to create real business value. If you love high-intensity work that matters and want to own the entire process without internal bureaucracy, this is the place for you.
This role will require ~4 weeks of initial training in our NYC office, and then will be based remotley on the West Coast. Given significant collaboration with prospects, travel is 50%
This is a key role that will play a vital and a highly visible part in attracting multiple Fortune 500 clients. If you are excited to introduce new and disruptive business ideas to potential customers and demonstrate the value of embracing these game-changing ideas across their organizations, we would like to speak with you.
Responsible for all technical requirements in the Sales process from day one, working closely with the sales team to ensure prospects become successful customers of 1010data
- Collaborate with prospects to understand their business needs and translate their requirements into a solution to meet those objectives
- Build demo & presentation of 1010data in a clear and concise manner to help prospects understand the value proposition versus market alternatives
- Run compelling prospect pilots; involves learning about the prospect’s business and building a focused solution (e.g. applications, reports, and/or simple queries) for the prospect during the pilot that showcases and quantifies business value
- Support the sales and marketing teams by contributing to presales materials and proposals
Education & Experience
- STEM degree or similar analytical program
- 5-8 years of client facing experience demonstrating, supporting, and building analytic solutions
- Proven experience presenting analytical solutions to a group, including executive management
- Ability to dig into business requirements and work closely with prospects and customers
- Knowledge of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL) would be ideal
- Self-starter, quick study and a competitive spirit with a tenacious desire to win
- Enjoys being on-stage in high-pressure situations
- Excellent in-person, phone, and written (i.e. email) communication skills
- Highly motivated to meet and exceed customer expectations
Though we try our best to respond to everyone, sometimes due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you really think we’ve missed the mark, please follow up to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’re the perfect fit!