1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 750 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, and RiteAid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
We are seeking a technical, PMP certified Project Manager, well versed in implementing SaaS technology platforms and knowledge of key delivery methodologies such as Agile or Waterfall to plan and execute internal and external projects through the entire project lifecycle at 1010data.
Project Managers conduct pre-project scoping, plan and resource project teams, build and communicate the project plan, direct the project team, manage project communications, resolve project conflicts, drive projects to successful delivery, and add to the repository of Project Management Knowledge at 1010data.
In addition to the above activities, the Project Manager is a persistent customer onsite presence, builds and teaches 1010data project management competencies, mentors a Project Coordinator, and assumes responsibility for larger-scale projects.
Based on the scope and complexity of Implementation & Delivery work, the right person will blend technical aptitude with project leadership though skill, and the ability to communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
This is a rapidly growing business unit within a fast growing company. Big picture, fastidious thinkers that are able to operate with ambiguity yet always deliver will thrive in our flat organization that rewards results.
- Plan and execute projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- Leverage office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Sheets, JIRA and Project Planning tools)
- Create reusable Project Management content including forms, templates and processes
- Promote 1010data Project Management best practices
- Assist other 1010data teams and divisions requiring Project Management expertise
Additional responsibilities for the Project Manager include
- Plan and manage concurrent projects
- Support pre-sales activities including requirements gathering, creation of time, duration and staffing estimates, creation of materials to support pre-sales presentations
- Teach 1010data project management or soft-skills classes
- Mentor and coach a Project Coordinator
Background & Experience
- 5-7 years of Project Management experience, most recently in a B2B SaaS environment
- At least 3 years of experience implementing SaaS technology platforms and knowledge of key delivery methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, and others
- PMP certification required
- Retail/CPG experience preferred
- Rigorously manage and track project activities and ensure they are completed within target dates, ensure project documents are clear and concise, manage to the project plan, ensure all project stakeholders adhere to project expectations.
- Ability to produce high-quality project documents and messaging, facilitate project internal and external communications, ensure all project stakeholders are kept informed based on project communication plan, accurately communicate project status, risks and issues to company and customer leadership.
- Ability to organize and prioritize project and project management group materials, deliverables, artifacts priorities, and communications consistent with 1010data project management best practices. Have a firm grasp of project’s objectives, activities and status and communicate and action them effectively. Able to quickly prioritize and shift activities based on schedule and project needs on a daily, or even hourly, basis.
- A working knowledge and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Mail, JIRA and Confluence, and Microsoft Project (or equivalent Project Management software).
- Strong executive communications skills; ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of technical and functional teams as well as senior 1010 and client leadership
- Ability to influence without authority and drive success in highly complicated technology environments involving multiple 1010 and client teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to form trusted advisor relationships with client counterparts and 1010 team members
Though we try our best to respond to everyone, sometimes due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you really think we’ve missed the mark, please follow up to email@example.com and let us know why you’re the perfect fit!