1010data is seeking a San Diego-based, Jr. Data Quality Analyst to help expand the capabilities of our eCommerce focused data solutions.
1010data is a big data discovery company with a market leading big data software platform as well as a consumer / market insights business sourced from the shopping behavior of millions of consumers around the world.
1010data's eCommerce solutions help Fortune 500 consumer brands measure online shopping behavior to understand the consumer journey and the brand’s own competitive performance relative to rivals. Our solutions and accompanying insights provide critical visibility to fuel clients’ ecommerce strategies and tactics.
The Jr. Data Quality Analyst will report to the head of our Data Quality team for our Market Insights business. The role specializes in the creation, maintenance and quality control of product categories used for reporting our ecommerce metrics. The Data Quality Analyst will work with big data software and data sets to ensure the data delivered to internal and external stakeholders is error-free and accurate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Use industry standard and proprietary tools, along with online research, to build out product categories containing hundreds of thousands of products.
• Perform ongoing category maintenance to ensure out of scope items are addressed appropriately.
• Participate in ongoing data auditing and quality control efforts and perform data forensics to identify data anomalies and their root causes.
• Catalog and report identified issues to management and engineering so they can be fixed.
• Recommend category structure best-practices to our sales and Client Insights teams.
• Experience with consumer data such as web traffic, shopping behavior, or other consumer related data.
• Excel mastery and experience analyzing data trends
• Boolean logic query experience (i.e. IF, AND, OR, etc).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self-starter, eager to proactively drive change
• Positive attitude, excited about learning new things
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Infectious interest in ecommerce and consumer packaged goods a plus
• 2-4 years of professional experience
Be prepared to site examples of your work in these capacities.