- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on Staff/Revenue Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team, reporting directly to our Controller. The accountant will be responsible for processing sales orders, recording revenue in in accordance with US GAAP, and billing of customers. This person will perform various monthly balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis to ensure transactions are properly recorded.
The ideal candidate will possess great attention to detail, technical expertise and operational experience especially in the order-to-cash process.
This role is not sponosorable
What you will take on:
- Process all new, renewed or amended contracts for revenue and billing transactions for designated lines of business, in accordance with internal SLAs. Ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition standards - ASC 606 for multiple revenue streams via NetSuite ERP system
- Completing month-end and quarter-end close assignments, including preparing journal entries, analytics and account reconciliations for revenue and related accounts
- Assisting with analysis on deferred revenue including deferred revenue roll forwards and calculation of the short term/long term classifications
- Assisting in maintaining and updating internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures, controls, and compliance
- Preparing schedules and supporting documents for close activities, external audits, and other internal reporting processes
- Communicate with clients, support collection efforts, and monitor bad debt reserves
What you already have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 3-5-years’ experience, preferably in data or technology company
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of GAAP, especially in the area of revenue recognition, preferably interfacing with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Previous experience with revenue recognition and billing policies and processes
- MS Office knowledge, advanced Excel skills, including creating pivot tables, using formulas (IF, SUM, INDEX, MATCH, VLOOKUP), formatting, building charts and graphs
- Strong communication skills; self-motivated, dependable and ability to multi-task and follow through to completion
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills
- Solid planning and prioritization skills. Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.