- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
We are seeking a seasoned Senior Devops Engineer with deep Linux and Kubernetes experience to work with a team of talented engineers and developers to build and maintain 1010data’s growing high-performance cloud computing environment. The ideal candidate should have expert-level knowledge of Linux and Kubernetes of There should be a demonstrated ability to scope projects, lead them from a technical perspective and drive to completion. Knowledge of both infrastructure, development, and a deep understanding of the DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering functions are required.
If you have a passion for high performance computing, then you will be instrumental in continuing to build 1010data’s highly scalable, 24/7 available platform for data analysis. Our production environment is unlike any other; making the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop using new technologies crucial.
This role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Part of a team of system administrators, network engineers, and core engineers building an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) platform. You will also work closely with other engineering teams to better understand their software enabling you to adapt the platform to their needs
- · Azure AKS and AWS EKS management, including version upgrade planning
- · Diagnose, configure and troubleshoot cloud instances.
- · Enterprise application engineering working with cloud technologies & services
- · Configuration management of environment & deployment orchestration, using tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or Kubernetes
- · Building hybrid-cloud solutions based on containerization technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Istio
- · Ensuring reliable cloud operations including building and tuning availability, resource performance, and consumption monitoring, using vendor-provided and open source monitoring platforms
- · Bring your consultative mindset to advise and steer towards performative, scalable solutions
- · Collaborating across the Engineering department, communicating technical concepts and proposed solutions to Engineering, Product, and Customer Experience stakeholders
What you already have:
- At least 5 years of experience keeping online production environments operating at peak performance on bare metal, in the cloud, and in containers with at least 3 years of that experience focused on DevOps and service-based systems engineering.
- · At least 2 years of experience managing production Kubernetes infrastructure with exposure to the use of cloud vendor Kubernetes solutions such as EKS, AKS, and GKE.
- · 5+ years of experience in Linux System Administration with extensive experience in Red
- · Experience automating public cloud deployments (AWS or Azure)
- · Experience using and optimizing monitoring and trending systems (Prometheus, Grafana), log aggregation systems (ELK, Splunk), and their agents. Hat, CentOS, SUSE, Ubuntu
- · 2+ years of enterprise application engineering experience working with Cloud technologies, services and cloud migration in AWS and Azure
- · Proficient using Terraform and other Infrastructure As Code (IAC) technologies
- · Proficient using either Puppet or Ansible
- · Proficient at bash and python scripting
- · Strong understanding of medium to large scale computing solutions across the full enterprise stack. Hands-on technical expert
- · An understanding of enterprise software development tools and methodologies, including typical enterprise application architectures and the ability to write basic scripted or compiled code
- · Knowledge of networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, virtual networks, and load balancing
- · Experience migrating workloads from on-prem to Azure or AWS
- · Knowledge of hybrid cloud security is a plus
- · Ability to deliver continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, utilizing techniques like blue/green and canary deployments
- Specific Technical Experience
If you have experience with some but not all of these, you are encouraged to apply.
· Containers: Kubernetes, EKS, AKS, KOps, Helm, Docker
· Scripting/Orchestration: Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Bash, Python
· Dev Tools: Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana, Terraform, Zabbix
· Languages: Python, PowerShell, C
· Operating Systems: Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, CoreOS), Microsoft Windows Server
· Continuous Integration and Build Management: Jenkins, BitBucket, SVN, Artifactory, Nexus
· Source Code Managers: Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, SVN
- Desired Certifications:
· At least one of the below Linux certifications:
o Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
o Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator (LFCS)
o Linux Foundation Certified Engineer (LFCE)
o CompTIA Linux+
· Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (a plus)
· AZ-300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies (a plus)
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.