- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
Sr. Sales Engineer is a strategic sales position reporting to the (VP, Sales Engineering), and responsible for Solutions Consulting and technical designs for 1010data clients. They are responsible for developing client programs in support of sales and engaging directly in pre-sales activity for strategic accounts to help drive deals successfully. They will also be responsible to turn over their designs to the Customer Success Team to implement into the production environment and work with Account Executives to help win or expand client business.
This role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Presales technology evangelist for strategic accounts primarily in the Retail and CPG industry
- Actively curate or innovate technical solutions required to address customer’s needs that will optimize value for both the customer and 1010data.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to ensure the successful execution of POCs and proper implementation into the 1010data production environment
- Contribute to marketing to continuously improve our messaging for our Insights Platform as well as help develop Retail and CPG use cases and value propositions
- Contribute to the development of the pre-sales organization to foster a culture that is highly customer focused, responsive, and proactive
- Participate in the development of pre-sales programs to cultivate knowledge sharing and learning within the Sales and pre-sales organization
What you already have:
- Technical Expertise & Usage
- Definition: Experience acquiring and applying technical and functional knowledge with the ability to perform basic coding, and the ability to rapidly design and prototype solutions, in various technological areas supporting a Sales Organization.
- Position Expectation: Must be able to understand client needs and examine their data and business process to design and code prototype solutions. Provide direct feedback from customers and prospects to Product and Customer Solutions teams on what 1010data needs to do differently to consistently win customers and deliver outstanding value
- Client Communication & Awareness:
- Definition: Knowing customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs and giving high priority to satisfaction and service. Having the ability to present effectively and put things in context and to think broadly
- Position Expectation: Must understand and expertly showcase the entire 1010data product set, unique value proposition and differentiation against competition. Knows how to present and demo solutions to impact sales efforts. Effectively listens to and communicates with prospect and customer C-level execs. Has awareness of key business issues among customers and target accounts
- Functional Expertise & Usage
- Definition: Acquiring and applying functional knowledge in one’s own area of specialty, primarily Retail and CPG
- Position Expectation: Must be able to speak like an insider to C-Level execs and build tailored business cases to justify ROI of selecting 1010data. Must assist in developing marketing messaging when applicable
- Process Improvement
- Definition: The ability to identify the elements of a process and to understand which components are critical; the ability to break the process down into its component activities and improve efficiency
- Position Expectation: Must identify and remediate areas within the presales engagement, prioritization, and delivery processes that need improvement
- Customer Focus
- Definition: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service
- Position Expectation: Demonstrate through direct action a laser customer focus and be nimble enough to adapt “on the fly” to customer and prospect needs and communicate this ability to the respective client Account Executive
- Organizational Awareness
- Definition: Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, procedures, and culture inside the organization to identify potential problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the organization
- Position Expectation: Regularly partner with other groups within 1010data, such as marketing, sales, product, customer success, and support to ensure that presales is leveraging all resources available, as well as providing an effective field-based feedback loop to the rest of the organization
- Market, Industry, Competitive Knowledge and Presence
- Definition: Leveraging knowledge of customers, market trends, and industry to build business; active leadership in community to support business opportunities
- Position Expectation: Leverage broad and deep knowledge of the Retail and CPG industry and competitive information to help the team differentiate and compete more effectively
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.