- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
Relish the opportunity to develop impactful, long-term relationships with a portfolio of new and existing data partners by connecting with key commercial leaders, data scientists, product managers, and technical experts.
As the Director, Data Partnerships you will liaison between data partners and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful compliance with data licensing and distribution agreements according to 1010data’s internal stakeholder needs. As a valued leader, you get to assist in the development of new data partnerships by identifying potential sources of data supply, qualifying prospects, and coordinating data audit and contracting processes.
You will report directly to the VP, Partnerships. It requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 10 years of experience in the big data consumer research industry or in a related area. Familiarity with a variety of the consumer research industry’s concepts, practices and procedures is required. The ideal candidate relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; leads and coordinates internal and external cross-functional teams; and assists in the development of business cases, relationships, and the data partner pipeline. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
This role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Build & Cultivate Relationships - be the primary point of contact with data partners; develop a trusted relationship with key data suppliers, internal stakeholders, and executives. Develop a sourcing methodology across Consumer Behavior, Financial Markets, Capital Markets, and Retail
- Help meet client expectations- Ensure timely and successful delivery of data to internal product operations and data science teams according to business needs and objectives. Keep internal stakeholders satisfied and updated while ensuring exceptional data partner service to 1010data on a day-to-day basis
- Collaborate – work with the data scientist, technology, and product teams to onboard and integrate new data partners and execute existing data partner relationships
- Compliance - monitor and analyze data partner’s compliance with contracts; clearly communicate the progress of data supply initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Constant learner: participate in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
What you already have:
- 10+ years of experience past partnership or licensing experience in Alternative, Financial or Consumer purchase data.
- 7+ years of experience in data products.
- An understanding of varying partnership models, license, resell, redistribution and referral.
- A deep understanding of Data Privacy and the changing data landscape.
- Proven data partner management and pipeline development
- Experience with business development and strategy
- Self-starter able to seek new partnerships and lead a data acquisition process from start to finish
- Experience in ensuring an uninterrupted supply of data or insights based on client needs
- Understanding of measurement and analytics, reporting, data product development and related technologies
- Ability to identify, understand, assess, and influence a wide range of internal, partner and customer stakeholders
- Cooperative, creative, and motivated to building strong relationships and value-driven partnerships
- Strong executive level presence with exceptional written, verbal, and negotiating skills
- Contract writing preferred
- Product, Sales, or Analytics background a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.