- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
1010data is seeking an outstanding Controller candidate to lead and manage the accounting organization. Reporting directly to the CFO, this role is highly visible within the organization, interacting directly with the C-suite and other members of the leadership team. The ideal candidate is someone who inspires the accounting team and others around them. The role requires strong knowledge of US GAAP, but international experience would be a plus, as 101data expands into new geographies. This role will have complete responsibility for the accounting function, doing everything from ensuring timely and accurate GAAP financial reporting, taking complete ownership of audits, and implementing new processes for company growth, to liaising with banks, counsel, vendors, and customers.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to execute and manage a wide range of tasks and projects, while applying new concepts, automation, and making operational decisions to support the Company’s financial operations. This opportunity is intended for an experienced and ambitious professional seeking to make an impact within the company.
This role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Manage all accounting operations including A/P, A/R, and Revenue Recognition with a small team of direct reports
- Oversee and manage general ledger accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Manage month-end and year-end closing
- Establish accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company’s targets
- Oversee recording of detailed transactions and expenses in accordance with GAAP, revenue recognition rules, and company policies
- Oversee, mentor, manage, hire, and train staff
- Ensure compliance with tax requirements and act as the point of contact with outside tax advisors
- Lead the technical accounting research including all new and proposed accounting standards
- Ensure internal controls compliance
- Complete ownership of internal and external audits
What you already have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting; CPA Required
- 8+ years managing and developing a finance/accounting team
- Prior employment in the technology industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, NetSuite and Salesforce required; Concur, Xactly and Shareworks preferred.
- Team oriented. Hands-on. Driven. Respectful.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, as well as with clients, vendors, partners, etc.
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.