- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
1010data is seeking a San Diego based Data Quality Analyst to primarily help equity-focused clients effectively utilize our data, technology, and analytic offerings to guide product development priorities. The position will also support the expansion of our ecommerce data solutions, delivered to Fortune 500 consumer brands and retailers.
With more than 25 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
1010data's solutions help leading Equity, Retail, and CPG companies measure shopping behavior to understand the consumer journey and their own competitive performance relative to rivals. Our solutions and accompanying insights provide critical visibility to fuel clients’ strategies and tactics.
The Data Quality Analyst will report to the head of our Data Quality Team. The position specializes in the categorization, maintenance, and quality control of consumer transactions, ensuring the data delivered to internal and external stakeholders is error-free and accurate. They thrive on domain level expertise and are passionate about maintaining data cleanliness and its delivery to our clients. Their intellectual curiosity enables them to dive into databases, tables, and worksheets to develop a deep understanding of the data and being able to explain it to others in a thoughtful and concise manner.
This role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Become an expert on 1010data’s Equities products understanding the data, user interfaces and their intended use
- Use industry standard and proprietary tools, along with online research, to build categorizes containing hundreds of thousands of transactions
- Perform ongoing category maintenance to ensure data completeness and quality
- Interact directly with clients to help them interpret the data sets they access and to understand trend implications
- Participate in ongoing data auditing and quality control efforts, as well as perform data forensics to identify anomalies and their root causes
- Catalog and report identified issues to management and engineering
- Provide input on how to improve and evolve our product and service offerings
What you already have:
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Experience with consumer data such as web traffic, shopping behavior, market trends, and core stock driving metrics
- Strong Excel skills, including use of pivot tables and VBA coding, SQL, and database experience
- Boolean logic query experience (i.e. IF, AND, OR, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, eager to proactively drive change
- Positive attitude, excited about learning new things
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Infectious interest in ecommerce and consumer packaged goods a plus
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong goal orientation and work-ethic
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.