- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
10101data is offering a Market Intelligence MBA intern opportunity to research and analyze the industry competitive landscape and technology markets; and develop actionable intelligence to inform 1010data Strategy and support the Sales, Marketing and Partnership to better grow the company business.
The type of intern we are looking for: intellectually curious, analytical, communicates well, possessing knowledge and experience with technology providers in the Retail and/or Investment industry space.
What you will gain from this experience:
- Opportunity to influence the growth strategies and execution of a leading data & analytics technology company, contributing your skills and talents.
- Opportunity to work under and learn from VP of Strategy and other executives/ leaders of 1010data.
- Opportunity to further hone and develop your skills in research, analyses, synthesis, written summary, and verbal presentation. You will gain experience similar to a new consultant in a top management consulting firm or Big Four.
- Opportunity to expand network and expertise in the data & analytics technology field and get more depth in the Retail/CPG and Investment Industries.
- Opportunity to have fun with the rest of the 1010data team, in person or virtually.
Location: flexible in the USA, with a preference for candidates in Eastern Time zone
This position is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Research key Data Technology Analytics competitors operating in the Retail/CPG and Investment industry, conduct mostly secondary research & analyses.
- You will cover key providers of data analytics solutions in retail industry, including Retail market intelligence, retail analytics and data sharing. Solutions in the investment industry may include analytics solutions for Mortgage/Asset Backed Securities, and alternative data for Equity Investments.
- Interview and collaborate with subject matter experts across departments, interview external experts as needed/ available.
- Synthesize and analyze information from various sources; and support the development of executive presentations for CXOs and even the Board level.
- Support company strategies for competition, sales, partnership, and products.
- Directly report to VP of Strategy, with opportunities to jointly present to CXOs.
What you already have:
- 3 years of experience or intimate knowledge/contacts in the solution fields above.
- Strong skills in information research, data gathering, synthesis and analyses, summarizing qualitatively and quantitatively, develop implications/ conclusions.
- Strong written communication skills in developing attractive Power Point slides, Excel based graphs, and writing bullet points that are clear, succinct, and impactful.
- Strong verbal communication skills to interview and discuss with others.
- Positive interpersonal skills and strong work ethics, work well under deadline.
- A student currently pursuing MBA or other advanced graduate degree in the US
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.