- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
1010data is seeking a cross-functional Product Management professional focused on overall product success across the product lifecycle. Working with direction from the Director of Product Management you will be interfacing with users to gather requirements which will be used to determine a “go/no-go” on the product, enhancement, or feature and if approved develop the functionality. You will collaborate with the UX team to ensure any development work adheres to established company endorsed style guides. Release products that match our target user needs. Prioritize major initiatives, and partner with sales and marketing to ensure product is ready for market. The product management function consistently engages the buyers and end-users. This glue role communicates closely with prospects, customers, development, sales, and marketing, to build and communicate clear product requirements that match user needs. You have extensive product knowledge in both the CPG and Retail arenas.
What you will take on:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders as well as external clients to understand and truly “root cause” the need behind the ask. You will evaluate requests from the perspective of how well they fit with the overall company vision and/or existing product evolution ensuring a strategic advantage for our clients and 1010data.
- Develop product strategy and prioritization with input from design, development, users, and leadership.
- Build and maintain relationships, create buy-in for product strategy and specs for key stakeholders (internal and customers).
- Build product specifications (prototypes / wireframes) that detail user and client requirements.
- Work closely with UX, development and marketing teams to deliver product to market.
- Partner with the Director to position the product across internal and external stakeholders to ensure our products have a pathway to ROI which is clearly believable including high ratings for usability and customer success.
- You will critically assess existing products:
- Gather feedback from internal and external stakeholder on what data is required to thoroughly answer the business question or solve the business problem.
- Collaborate with UX, Engineering and Data Science to determine the best approach to mature the solution towards or to the “answer”.
- Validate the proposed design.
- You will lead research and development:
- Clearly define problems which are prevalent across the industry.
- Help to structure proof-of-concept to rapidly trial approaches.
- Build prototypes in Excel, PowerBI or Tableau to demonstrate the output of the POC.
- Share results with internal and external stakeholders to prove the results.
- Build business cases as necessary (based on size/risk).
- Charter development of the product.
What you already have:
- Highly experienced in Category Management, Loyalty Marketing, Supply Chain, Pricing, Inventory, and other common Retail/CPG needs areas
- Significant product management experience including maintenance and management of existing applications and backlogs
- Some experience qualifying new products and developing business cases well as transitioning into agile software development processes
- Knows the Business Analyst type questions to ask that will get to the root need of any ask and transferring those into solid requirements (Jira/Confluence)
- History of working with Retail and CPG data sources including some or all of the following POS, Syndicated Market Tracking, Inventory, Cost, Promotional, Receipt and Clickstream data
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves write requirements and engage in the agile software development process including supporting day-to-day rituals and scrums
- Loves to work with data and build analytical stories
- Software Product Management experience within Retail and CPG (internal or service provider).
- Passion for UX that includes the ability to place yourself in the user’s chair and represent their values throughout the development lifecycle.
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in building solutions that significantly change the way in which people work leveraging data, machine learning and AI to streamline processes and bring clients through a maturity curve.
- The ability to prioritize priorities, saying no more than yes, explaining the “why” and driving to outcomes.
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.