- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
1010data is looking for a Solutions Engineer II (SE) who will be the expert on its portfolio of solutions. The SE will partner with Sales to win new deals, increase client engagement, and improve pre-sales strategy across all major retail portal clients. This will be accomplished through pre-sales strategy/support, scaled solution presentations, direct client engagements, new solution innovation, and product roadmap influence.
Interacting directly with internal stakeholders, executives, and key clients across our major logos, the SE will act as the product expert on the 1010data solution set and advise on its growth trajectory. The core objectives of the Solutions Engineer II are three-fold: (1) empower 1010data clients to gain maximum ROI in using our product through solution development and process improvement; (2) scale solution presentation support, demos and key activities for the internal Solutions Consulting team, including published reports to end user experience; (3) provide actionable insights into CPG growth, usage and engagement that can drive opportunity identification – for new pipeline at each hub or identify clients at risk of churn.
The right candidate will be interested in playing a critical role improving our sales and customer experience outcomes across major clients within a technical capacity, we would like to speak with you. 80% of this role will be in direct support of our major retail portal clients for solution development and value expansion – in the form of requirement gathering, prototyping, and building out our capabilities and tier offering. 20% of this role will be in support of new logo acquisition for our enterprise business, for opportunities that involve data sharing.
What you will take on:
Solution Development & Value Expansion
- Reviewing client custom solutions in the field along with dedicated Solutions Consultants to identify opportunities for solution development, or product prioritization for our core products.
- Proposing new ways to integrate retailer data into existing products (e.g., CIP) and/or develop custom apps (QuickApp/Excel Add In) to deliver business value for internal/external consumption.
- Collaborating with Customer Solutions and Product to define user requirements and develop compelling analytical applications.
- Work with Solutions Engineering to develop analytic applications for specific verticals (e.g., Automotive) to showcase offering and potential of 1010data data sharing solutions to that market.
- Build compelling applications and workflows using QuickApp or other technologies to meet internal and external needs.
- Supporting lead generation, discovery, qualification, demonstrations, and successful solution presentation efforts to generate and close opportunities on the vendor portal business.
- Collaborating with Vendor Engagement and Solution Consultants dedicated to each major retail account to develop sales strategies and scaled solutions to support revenue objectives.
- Participating in enterprise customer RFIs/RFPs and solution demonstrations as business requires for new data sharing opportunities in the retail sector and new verticals.
- Scaling solution support across top customers to rinse/repeat activities that work, reduce the level of effort and reduce the lead time on solution support.
- Working with sales, customer experience and solutions engineering leadership team to develop ROI calculations for data sharing customers.
- Supporting activities that drive client engagement forward for the Vendor Engagement and Solutions Consulting teams, including usage reporting and opportunity identification.
- Coordinating closely with the sales team, prospects, and existing customers to ensure sales success is achieved.
What you already have:
- Direct background in a similar solution focused client facing position
- Direct experience in the Retail or CPG industry required.
- Strong presentation skills in live customer demos (PowerPoint expertise desirable).
- Proven background in explaining technical product features to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong grasp of underlying Data assets.
- Self-service Retail data solutions a plus.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis.
- Prior experience as a Sales Engineer, Technical Trainer, Analyst.
- STEM degree or similar analytical program.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, both written and verbal.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to dig into business requirements and work closely with prospects and customers.
- Self-starter, quick study, and a competitive spirit with a tenacious desire to win.
- Eager to learn and grow.
- Enjoys being on-stage in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent in-person, phone, and written (i.e., email) communication skills.
- Highly motivated to meet and exceed customer expectations.
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.