- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
This Security Architect position will play a crucial role in guiding, maturing, and continuously improving our security architecture to ensure our business, services, and data are well-protected. We are looking for a highly-skilled, experienced, and motivated security professional to help steer and grow our technical, administrative, and physical security controls that directly protect 1010data’s critical assets. This position will report directly to the Director of Information Security, initially, who is responsible for 1010data’s security program and strategy.
As a hands-on security professional, you will help to establish the Head of Information Security’s vision. Championing tasks that enforce our strategy. Spearheading security architecture reviews, third-Party assessments, audit documentation, and security architecture designs. Handling the planning and execution of related projects, processes, and tasks. We are looking for deep expertise in two or three of the following focus areas: enterprise security architecture, cloud security, application security, security solutioning, network security, virtualization security, and security engineering. You will need to bring strong technical and people leadership capabilities and have the ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment.
This role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Collaboratively work with a vendor, clients, staff, and contractors to implement and integrate security architecture and manage requests for artifacts.
- Conduct management of security architecture reviews, designs, and research. Responding to Third-Party assessments and vetting Third-Party organizations. Handling personnel responsible for IT infrastructure management and enterprise architecture.
- Responsible for designing data security and compliance controls, solutions, and services throughout the data security lifecycle for environments.
- Responsible for documenting risks and performing risk reviews of control gaps.
- Develop and maintain security architecture documentation, KPIs, KRIs, runbooks, playbooks, standards, policies, procedures, guidelines, and SOPs.
- Integrate current and emerging security policies, instructions, and regulations into the 1010data architecture.
- Investigate, tailor, recommend and implement architectural and procedural Information security and zero trust best practices.
- Document results in technical briefings, reports, and present results to key stakeholders.
- Maintain an advanced understanding of security, hybrid cloud security, security infrastructure, networking, and application security best practices. Using your excellent understanding of security between layers 2 to 7 of the OSI model daily.
- Documenting risk findings and lead initial risk mgmt. discussions with experts and risk owners.
What you already have:
- 10+ years of IT experience and 5+ years of experience in security architecture, network security, application security, or some combination of implementing security throughout layers 2 to 7.
- Demonstrated skills in networking topologies, security technologies, and solutions. Evaluating, analyzing, and documenting the current enterprise architecture, infrastructure, application services, and systems to ensure security best practices are implemented and identify areas for improvement.
- Desired and capability to lead network security, cloud security, application security, and other related security areas that would apply to a security architecture team and the designs they will create.
- Experience assisting risk management and compliance teams with the development of security policies, standards and reference models to be implemented in the appropriate areas.
- Experience in providing and collecting evidence or artifacts for audits, third-party assessments, etc.
- Expert level experience with cloud security, platforms, and services including an understanding of current security offerings from leading cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and their applicability to securing our SaaS business model, enterprise environment, and security strategy.
- Ability to apply security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth, zero trust, etc.).
- 10+ years with relevant security experience.
- Worked as a senior engineer in another organization leading infrastructure hardening projects.
- Excellent combination of related security certifications (i.e., CISSP, CISM, CEH, CSSP, CCSK, etc.), security/IT degree B.S. level or higher, and experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience architecting security in many IaaS/SaaS; plus, within Microsoft Azure, OS 365, and using Okta IAM.
- The ability to work from a SOC 1, 2, and ISO 27001 certified environment.
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.