- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
We are seeking a Director of Sales to join our Fixed Income sales team. As a Director of Sales, you will be responsible for both account management and new business development. Your goals will include hunting new business, retention and expansion/upsell with institutional investors, dealers, lenders, servicers and governmental entities. You will also work closely with our internal data science, data engineering, and marketing teams on new product development and related outbound communications.
What you will take on:
- Manage all aspects of the sales cycle from new lead generation and trial through contract negotiation
- Present 1010data’s data analytics platform to institutional investors one-on-one and at industry conferences in a clear and concise manner in the pursuit of growing new and existing relationships
- Regularly meet with clients to understand their investment objectives and existing data analytics frameworks.
- Provide input to product development based on your knowledge of the industry and requirements from clients
- Form strong customer relationships and build expertise as a trusted advisor and superior client manager
- Track (and help design tracking processes and metrics) activities which will organize and measure effectiveness of outreach strategies going forward
What you already have:
- 10+ years of selling mortgage and/or asset-backed securities data content and/or analytical tools
- Experience selling to portfolio managers, traders and quantitative analysts
- Track record of making and exceeding sales goals consistently
- Familiarity with typical technology and software packages (SQL, AWS, Redshift, R, Python, Tableau, Power BI etc), workflows and user personas in structured finance data analytics work
- Self-starter that needs little direction to keep the sales process moving. Experience working with legal, finance, product and other relevant stakeholders to close deals quickly.
- Experience in both hunter roles and warm marketing and inside sales lead generation. Experience with tools like Zoominfo, Linked in Navigator, IHS Markit BDdata, Mailshake, Phantom Buster and other lead generation tools.
- Knowledge of prevalent datasets and platforms used in mortgage and asset-backed securities capital markets, with a focus on consumer credit data. Experience selling platforms is not required but preferred.
- Working knowledge of datasets offered by eMBS, Fannie, Freddie, Ginnie, Corelogic, Black Knight, Moody’s, Trepp, Equifax, Trans Union and Experian for use in Fixed Income
- General working knowledge of competitive landscape with Webbs Hill, CPR/CDR, Risk Span, Bloomberg, Intex, DV01 and others.
- Prior employment experience may include data/analytic sales, platform sales, mortgage research or sales & trading
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.