Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
Platform Analysts create answers to client-driven business problems involving massive data sets (>10s of billions of rows) by designing high-performance analyses, databases, queries, applications, and workflow processes for Enterprise-level customers. We provide and manage a world-class data warehouse and analytics platform to our clients with dedicated analytical support and custom application development.
As a Platform Analyst, you build solutions and are the technical liaison with clients; you will help to solve business pain points, analytical problems and provide solutions that have substantial impact on our client’s business. You should be interested, willing, and able to learn new concepts, processes and languages quickly. Platform Analysts at 1010data think on their feet, are problem solvers, and self-starters who offer a unique perspective and synthesizing insights to solve real world business problems through technology.
This role will be on-site/remote in Nashville supporting a client. We are looking for an individual that is highly independent and has had at least 2 years of previous professional client facing experience as a consultant or analyst.
This role is not sponsorable.
What you will take on:
- Work cooperatively with client and 1010data team to understand and deliver on client's data analytics needs via 1010data implementation processes.
- Integrate into client teams' culture and develop trusted relationships. Understand and communicate client's needs, initiatives, and concerns back to 1010data.
- Assist with maintenance and support of client's 1010data products and environment.
- Proactively educate yourself on 1010data technology, the technology industry, and your client's industry.
- Communicate to internally and externally via clear and concise emails, design documentation, and presentations.
What you will bring:
- BA/BS degree in STEM or other quantitative field
- 3 years of professional experience, not including internships, in a data analyst, consulting, or similar role
- 2+ years working with databases (large amounts of data preferred)
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated elite critical thinking skills when solving unstructured problems
- Self-motivated and sets a high-quality standard for their work
- Ability to accept ownership of and accountability for the projects and tasks assigned to them
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Ability to empathize with clients in the process of gathering and evaluating requirements
- Experience with BI applications, their infrastructure, and best practices
- Understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL)
- Retail Analytics and/or supply chain industry knowledge
- Experience designing and building end user-facing systems/applications
- Experience with Project Management concepts, including agile/waterfall delivery and the software development lifecycle
Recently named Best Alternative Data Provider by the HFM European Quant Awards, 1010data transforms Big Data into Smart Insights to activate the high-definition enterprise that can anticipate and respond to change. Our time series-driven collaborative analytics, consumer intelligence and alternative data solutions enable over 900 clients to achieve improved business performance, efficiency and growth quicker, with less risk. The world’s foremost companies, including Sam’s Club, Dollar General, Procter Gamble, Coca Cola, GSK, 3M, Bank of America and J.P. Morgan, consider 1010data the partner of choice for optimizing company health, mastering consumer touchpoints and digitally transforming operations. 1010data delivers on the promise of Big Data, and we’re just getting started.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.