1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, distribution, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, and Rite Aid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
Our Retail team is seeking a Product Analyst to create solutions to client-driven business problems involving massive data sets by designing high-performance reporting tools, queries, transform processes and databases, to gain insight and empower a key enterprise customer.
1010data’s Retail team addresses analytical challenges faced by retailers including merchandising and operational improvements; analyzing everything from item-level market baskets to loyalty cards, and more.
In this role you would be the primary resource building analytical tools for a key enterprise customer and acting as a subject matter expert on all things 1010data. As the initial member of the team embedded at the client’s site there are increased demands on you to be independent, extra communicative, and technically excellent.
With more than 25 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
We provide a data warehouse and analytics platform to our clients as a managed service that includes dedicated analytical support and custom development. As a Platform Analyst on this team, you are a key part of what our customer is paying for.
Ultimately the Platform Analyst is the technical face of our company who understands our retail customer’s greatest pain points, solves analytical problems whose solutions have substantial business impact, and evolves our product as we continue to change the rules of big data discovery.
Using astoundingly powerful proprietary analytic database software, you will construct complex queries to produce actionable information to inform client business decisions.
Building analytical products requires strong programming. Ideally you’re comfortable with SQL or a similar database query language, however experience with a specific programming language is not required because most importantly you are interested, willing, and able to learn new languages quickly.
Platform Analysts at 1010data are creative self-starters who are passionate about using technology to solve real world business problems and add substantial value to the company—we are looking for more people that fit this mold.
This role is based at our client site in Nashville, TN. After an initial training period in our NYC office, you will spend 100% of your time in Nashville, with occasional visits to New York.
Education & Experience
- STEM Bachelor’s required; specifically fundamentals of mathematics, large data sets distributed systems, statistical concepts. Vector/matrix arithmetic a plus
- 3 years of experience in quantitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience building analytical products on behalf of a Retail or CPG customer
- Familiarity with retail and merchandising concepts and businesses processes
- ability to manipulate, transform and summarize data
- understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL)
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- ability to clearly and concisely communicate
- ability to understand projects at a high level without losing sight of granular details when managing projects
- ability to gather and assess client requirements
- ability to both work collaboratively and independently
- ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- positive, balanced, “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- drive to exceed client expectation
Though we try our best to respond to everyone, sometimes due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you really think we’ve missed the mark, please follow up to email@example.com and let us know why you’re the perfect fit!