- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
We are seeking a seasoned Systems Engineer with a desire to streamline the process of creating and maintaining private cloud computing infrastructure. This is an opportunity to work with a team of talented engineers and developers to help 1010data manage a large and growing high-performance cloud computing environment.
1010data’s production environment is unlike any other; making the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop new technologies crucial. This role will offer and encourage the opportunity to continuously develop your skills and experience.
Please note, this role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Monitor, scale, secure and manage our systems infrastructure as 1010data grows, focusing on Windows and VMWare in a highly scalable, 24/7 environment
- Automate the management of our application, databases, servers, storage and network devices
- Ensure the overall health and performance of software as a service
- Proactively identify trends, determine incident root causes, and manage adverse events from identification to resolution
- Direct Data Center technicians remotely on hardware upgrades and maintenance
What you already have:
Education and Experience:
- Computer Science or IT related degree from top tier university preferred
- Strong experience in Windows System Engineering
- Knowledge of Powershell is a must
- Strong understanding of computer organization, performance and availability
- Understanding of Operating System (Windows) internals; ability to diagnose and repair
- Understanding of application, hardware, storage, OS and database configuration of distributed, elastic, highly available data management systems
- The successful person will be a cooperative, creative person who is strongly motivated to solve business issues. This person will be adept at finding the right technology balance to solve problems quickly and efficiently, while creating a maintainable codebase that can evolve as technologies change. This person must be capable of working independently and towards goals vs. just following instructions
- Communicate clearly and have strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Feel comfortable presenting to a group including management
- Have the ability to articulate in his/her ideas, consider options presented by others and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion
- Create clear, concise memos/summaries, design documentation and presentations
- Demonstrate the ability to review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments
Recently named Best Alternative Data Provider by the HFM European Quant Awards, 1010data transforms Big Data into Smart Insights to activate the high-definition enterprise that can anticipate and respond to change. Our time series-driven collaborative analytics, consumer intelligence and alternative data solutions enable over 900 clients to achieve improved business performance, efficiency and growth quicker, with less risk. The world’s foremost companies, including Sam’s Club, Dollar General, Procter & Gamble, Coca Cola, GSK, 3M, Bank of America and J.P. Morgan, consider 1010data the partner of choice for optimizing company health, mastering consumer touchpoints and digitally transforming operations. 1010data delivers on the promise of Big Data, and we’re just getting started.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.