1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, and RiteAid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
Platform Analysts create answers to client-driven business problems involving massive data sets (>10s of billions of rows) by designing high-performance analyses, databases, queries, applications, and workflow processes for Enterprise-level customers. We provide and manage a world-class data warehouse and analytics platform to our clients with dedicated analytical support and custom application development. As a Platform Analyst, you build these solutions for and relationships with our customers.
With more than 25 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
The Platform Analyst is the technical face of our company who understands our customers greatest pains, solves analytical problems whose solutions have substantial business impact, and evolves our product as we continue to change the rules of big data discovery. Analysts are interested, willing, and able to learn new concepts, processes and languages quickly.
Platform Analysts think on their feet to solve problems with and for clients, partnering to understand client needs, offering a unique perspective and synthesizing insights to solve business problems. Working directly with customers, analysts may travel to customer sites up to 50% of the time.
Platform Analysts at 1010data are problem solving self-starters who are passionate about using technology to solve real world business problems and add substantial value to the company—we are looking for more people that fit this mold.
If you respond quickly and effectively to challenges as they arise and are excited to act as a trusted technical adviser on the implications of data for good we would be excited to speak with you!
- Manage full life cycle projects with multiple stakeholders on an embedded client basis
- Analyze large data sets and gain unique industry insight using the 1010data platform
- Design and implement operational and analytical reporting tools
- Create data table transformations, perform data validation
- Create clear, concise memos, summaries, design documentation, and presentations
- Be the customer advocate and liaison to internal 1010data team
- STEM or other analytical degree
- Experience solving unstructured problems whether business or academic
- 1-5 years of experience working with large amounts of data
- Experience managing a project with multiple participants
- Demonstrated elite problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate clearly with a strong, crisp message
- Understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL)
- Ability to design solutions which serve the operational needs of varied businesses
- Experience with BI applications, their infrastructure and best practices is a plus
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g. SAP) and reporting processes with ERP data is a plus
- Knowledge of retail, supply chain or data warehouse applications is a plus
- Experience designing systems or performing systems integration is a plus
- Experience building production level, customer-facing applications is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Exemplary critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to empathize with clients in the process of gathering and evaluating requirements
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively
Though we try our best to respond to everyone, sometimes due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you really think we’ve missed the mark, please follow up to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’re the perfect fit!