- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer help build 1010data’s public cloud product capability, enabling elasticity and scaling of computing and storage. This role will largely involve software development, as well as operations and documentation and we encourage the opportunity to continuously develop your skills and experience.
We would love a cooperative, creative person with strong leadership capabilities, with a drive to solve business issues. As a Sr. Software Engineer you will be adept at finding the right technology balance to solve problems quickly and efficiently, while creating a maintainable codebase that can evolve as technologies change. This role is highly independently so you should have the mindset of working towards goals vs. just following instructions.
If you have a passion for high performance computing, then you will be instrumental in building tools to manage a highly scalable, 24/7 available platform for data analysis. 1010data’s production environment is unlike any other; making the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop new technologies crucial.
Please note, this role is not sponsorable
What you will take on:
- Software design and development in multiple languages (Python, C/C++, Java, K)
- Developing the cloud (AWS and Azure) environments, including elastic data processing services
- Testing and Operations
- Mentoring other software engineers
- Perform code review on products outside of primary focus
What you already have:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Software development, design and architecture, ideally in Python, C/C++, Java, or similar
- Must have experience building a large scale cloud native system in AWS or Azure, or migrating a large system from local data center to AWS or Azure
- Excellent expertise working with AWS EC2, S3; writing serverless applications is a plus
- Ability to read and evaluate other people’s code
- Software engineering best of practices
- Experience working with version control systems, deploying CI/CD best practices
- Extensive knowledge of public cloud infrastructure
- Mentorship experience
- Communicate clearly and have strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Feel comfortable presenting to a group including management
- Have the ability to articulate your ideas, consider options presented by others and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion
- Create clear, concise memos/summaries, design documentation and presentations
- Demonstrate the ability to review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments
- Computer Science or IT related degree from top tier university (preferred), masters or above is highly desirable
Recently named Best Alternative Data Provider by the HFM European Quant Awards, 1010data transforms Big Data into Smart Insights to activate the high-definition enterprise that can anticipate and respond to change. Our time series-driven collaborative analytics, consumer intelligence and alternative data solutions enable over 900 clients to achieve improved business performance, efficiency and growth quicker, with less risk. The world’s foremost companies, including Sam’s Club, Dollar General, Procter & Gamble, Coca Cola, GSK, 3M, Bank of America and J.P. Morgan, consider 1010data the partner of choice for optimizing company health, mastering consumer touchpoints and digitally transforming operations. 1010data delivers on the promise of Big Data, and we’re just getting started.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.