Seems that savory snacks are just as popular as ever these days. As evidence, online sales of salty snacks have grown 56% year over year and are projected to hit $100 million for the first time by the end of 2017. PepsiCo – which owns Frito-Lay, Cheetos, Doritos, and more – generates 41% of online sales in this category. Close behind are privately-owned brands. As organic options gain in popularity, so does share of the brands that produce them. As this report shows, this is a big category with several players and endless options for savory treats.
1010data analyzed online purchases of salty snacks from January – May 2017 and found that:
- Frito-Lay has nearly double the share of its nearest competitor, Snyder’s of Hanover, based on online sales
- Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP is the fastest growing brand in the category online and generated 3x more sales year over year
- More than 20% of consumers who view Tostitos and Fritos online end up purchasing the product
- Amazon sells two-thirds of all salty snacks online
- Most of the top products are snack packs with individual servings
Click here to access the full analysis.