Now that we are all sick of eating the leftover Halloween candy that nobody really likes, it’s time for consumers to start shopping for the holidays! Even though we’re just a couple of weeks into the holiday shopping season, 1010data can predict this season’s hottest products based on what consumers are searching for today. Using 1010reveal Shopper Journey, we uncovered several key trends from on-site search activity to determine the most highly sought after items in November thus far.
- Nintendo is still the one to beat. The Nintendo Switch is the most searched item this season, so we expect this to be a top seller for the holidays. Nintendo’s new game, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, is slated for release on December 7 and is already a highly sought out product online. In addition, Nintendo’s Amiibo toys, which complement their top gaming devices, will make for great stocking stuffers. The Japanese gaming company has made an incredible comeback and found a way to make toys a desirable addition to this season’s biggest game releases.
- Video games are here to stay. As much as parents try to limit screen time, the popularity of gaming devices is undeniable. In addition to the Nintendo Switch, the PS4 remains highly desirable. The new PS4 Pro and the new Xbox One X devices are also being searched early this season, indicating strong popularity. Recently released games, such as Red Dead Redemption 2 and Fallout 76, will likely increase the interest in these new gaming devices as holiday bundling sales emerge.
- Apple’s brand equity is strong as ever. With consumers specifically searching for iPads, iPhones, Airpods, and Apple Watches, we can expect Apple to have another impressive holiday season.
- Kindles have beaten books. While Amazon can account for about half of all ecommerce sales in the United States, more consumers so far have been looking for Kindles rather than books. It’s a big win for both the Amazon and Amazon.
- Consumers are tired and hungry. Weighted blankets, which are touted for reducing anxiety and improving sleep, are the fourth most searched for item online. Popular appliances from last season, like the Instant Pot and air fryers will still be hot items this year (literally).
1010reveal analyzes the browsing and buying behavior of millions of US consumers daily to uncover the most granular item-level trends to help you anticipate consumer trends ahead of the holiday season. To access more of these signals, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.