Is there anything better than digging into a large pizza at 2AM while never having to leave the comfort of your own couch? Restaurant delivery services are the unsung heroes of hungry Americans. Q4 2016 sales from 10 of the biggest restaurant delivery services grew 43% year over year and were even up 18% compared to Q3 2016.
Analyzing data from October – December 2016, 1010data Market Insights compared 10 restaurant delivery services and found that:
- Seamless and GrubHub combined accounted for more than half of all sales in Q4
- UberEats experienced explosive growth after launching their app at the end of 2015
- On average, Americans use restaurant delivery services at least once a week
- Average order total in this space is $31
- Most consumers place orders between 5-8PM
Click here to download the full report.