The fitness industry is blowing up online. Fitness junkies are turning to their devices for everything from fitness routines to protein powders. In fact, protein powders produced more than half a billion dollars in online revenue in 2016.
1010data analyzed online purchases of protein powder from Nov 2015 – Oct 2016 and found that:
- Whey protein powders produce the most sales in the category
- Optimum Nutrition is the top selling protein powder brand online with 4x more share than the next brand
- Vega is the top brand for plant protein powder sales online
- Amazon is the biggest protein powder retailer online
- Protein powders that tout “muscle building” are the most popular products
Click here to access the full analysis.