Health bars are becoming popular products to buy online, especially since they are typically meal-replacements that are shelf-stable. Online health bar sales totaled $80 million during the first seven months of 2017, which is 60% greater than last year. Whey health bars generated 71% of online sales, but bars that don’t focus on whey or plant protein are growing the fastest.
1010data analyzed online purchases of health bars from January – July 2017 and found that:
- Quest Nutrition generated a quarter of online sales in the health bar category
- Rxbar is the fastest growing brand online with sales up 5x year over year
- 15% of consumers who view Isagenix bars online end up purchasing the product
- Amazon Subscription accounts for 25% of all health bar sales online
- Most of the top products are chocolate flavored
Click here to see the full analysis.