We have great news for both oral care companies and dentists – online sales of electric oral care products have grown 21% year over year, which means more sales and less plaque! The category produced $150 million in online sales and electric toothbrush heads alone generated more sales than manual toothbrushes and floss combined.
1010data analyzed online purchases of electric oral care products from August 2016 – January 2017 and found that:
- Philips and Oral-B represent 70% of all electric oral care sales online
- H2ofloss is the fastest growing brand in the category online and generated 34x more sales YOY
- Brands like Brightdeal that sell generic replacement heads have the highest online conversion rates in the category
- More than half of all electric oral care products were sold directly by Amazononline
- All of the top products are rechargeable, which indicates that consumers are moving away from battery-operated products
Click here to access the full analysis.